*I was provided complimentary tickets in exchange for my review, but all opinions are my own.
When we asked our kids what they'd like to do for our summer vacation, the answer was unanimously "LegoLand!!!". This was our second time as a family visiting the park, and we all had a great time. If you're looking to go with your family, I have a few more tips we've learned through our visits to make the most of the time you have there.
1. Save on your tickets. Tickets can be expensive if you have a family going, but there are ways to save. You can buy your tickets online ahead of time to save some money, as well as time as you don't have to wait in the ticket line. Or, there are coupons that circulate throughout the year, like "buy an adult ticket get a child ticket free". They are sometimes on food products, in flyers, on mini figure packs in Target, etc. You can also order discounted tickets from Costco.
2. Purchase parking ahead of time online to save $2.
3. Pack your lunch, snacks, and drinks. You don't have to do this, but the food and drinks are expensive, so if you'd like to save some money I would suggest doing this. You can pack the food and even place in a locker at the front of the park until you need it. However, be aware coolers are only allowed in a small size, the larger coolers are not allowed.
4. On some rides you will get wet, so you may want to bring a poncho, water shoes, etc. Also, if you go to the water park, you will definitely need swim suits. We didn't go to the water park this time, but last time we did and the kids absolutely LOVED it. This time, they wanted to be sure to do all the rides they could, so we stayed in the main park.
5. Bring mini figures. You can trade your mini figures with the ones the employees have on their name tags. This is really fun for the kids. I was so impressed with the friendliness of the employees and their interaction with the kids. One worker was clearly in a hurry needing to get somewhere, and they saw my daughter trying to get their attention to look at what mini figure they had on their name tag. Immediately she stopped, got down to her level, and let her trade mini figures with her.
6. Start at the back of the park. When you arrive, you will most likely start out going to the right which is the general flow of the park. However, if you go to the left and head to the back of the park, you will be going the opposite way and avoid a lot of congestion and long lines. This, however, only works if you get there when the park opens.
7. On the rides that tend to get really long lines, try coming back closer to park closing time. A lot of people tend to leave late afternoon, a couple hours before the park closes, so lines die down a lot closer to closing time. (At least the times we have been there.)
8. Check out the Imagination Zone. Somehow we missed this on our first trip. Especially if you go in the summer, this is a great area that's indoors where you can cool down and kids can play. A lot of people flock here when it's super hot (midday) and right after lunch. So I'd recommend checking it out in the morning or later in the afternoon.
9. Check out the water park! If you do go, you can easily spend a LOT of time there, so some people like to save a whole day just for the water park. It definitely has things for all ages.
10. Don't forget to walk through Mini Land. My kids always love looking at the Lego creations.
Use UPC code 9916359823 to play this new Dunkin’ Bingo Instant Win Game! They’ll be giving away a 56,160 FREE $5 Dunkin’ gift cards! There will be one winner every minute, so hopefully a ton of Mommy of 2 Embracing Life winners! Come back daily through August 31st to see if you’re a winner. Limit 3 gift card prizes per person. Good luck!
The privacy of our visitors to www.mommyof2embracinglife.com is important to us.
At www.mommyof2embracinglife.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit www.mommyof2embracinglife.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on www.mommyof2embracinglife.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.